Sunday, July 11, 2010

This Weekend.

I had one of my best, ever, weekends of softball. On top of horribly spraining my ankle in the first (of six) games yesterday. After a short trip to MedExpress to ensure it wasn't broken, I headed back to the softball fields, realizing I wouldn't play the 2nd game. After that game, I dove back into the sport and played some of my best games, awesome steals and hits.
After our games were finished, we were told to sit down and then our coaches talked to us. An assistant coach, without announcing names, said that I played amazingly well and put my heart and soul into the sport, despite injuries. He then called out, although without a name but clearly directed toward one specific person, that all another girl did was complain. He basically yelled at her, pushed her into tears and made her feel horrible.
Maybe I'm biased because of the crush I have on her, but it is completely unacceptable for a coach to do that, especially in front of her teammates, other coaches, and parents. I sent her a text after wards, trying to be nice and whatnot which she appreciated.
This morning, or late last night, the assistant coach sent an apology email. Sure, that was nice and all, but what really shows the character of a person is how they act, not the possible regret they feel after.
I was so upset about what he did to her; she's one of the nicest girls I know. She always apologizes for the silliest things, tries to encourage teammates, and is constantly smiling.

She's a person to look up to and degrading her is not alright.
Gah.

No comments:

Post a Comment