Monday, March 29, 2010

Calling

Callingme. "Danielle. Danielle. Come on up. Come to where we can be together, just you and I. Us together, paired with the razor's edge. Let's create those prettylittlelines again. Watch the river run red again."

Flows and flows and drips and falls. Careful now, oh, on the floor now. More cleaninguptodo. Wipe now, don't let them slither too far down. The rivers know no breaking point. No dams now. Break loose. Fall.Slither.Drownme.

Like videos you play yourself in my head. GetoutGETOUT, I scream. LEAVE ME ALONE. But you welcome yourself inside, nothing can keep you away. I'll set up a table for two then, with one extra plate. Like the cup for Elijah, but not so holy; not so spiritual. Just you, me, and my razor on the pretty plate.

It's a date, right? We'll chat. Get to know each other again. Visitation and awkward times will pass, then comes the dinner. It's just quiet; no need for discussion. We fall back into our old habits, old routines I kept away for so long. [11days]. Will we embrace tonight? I don't know yet.. I don't know..

You'll hold me close, if we do. Keep me from slipping up. Just enough to keep me sane.

Call me, we'll set up a date, we'll talk, we'll embrace. You and me and my littlefriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment