Saturday, March 27, 2010

Poem

That I had to write for English class. It turned out okay, so I'm posting it here.

I’m Nobody! Who are you?
Well, I sure wish I knew.
All this wishful thinking,
taking me down a path
hopefully it leads somewhere.
I don’t want to end up nowhere,
lost with no place to go.
Things would need to change, like
every year, on birthdays -
where merry singing and happy times
mark this change.
But does this change, solely in age, in fact
change who I am?
Maybe who really I am is occluded.
Maybe with some digging,
some pushing around,
some searching,
I can find my Real Self.


What is Love?
Love is hiding behind the next door.
Love is buried beneath piles of lust.
Love is obscured by hazy eyes.
Love is as soft, as comforting as cotton on a wound.
Love is as a song, building up slowly
and then a climax full of twists and turns,
complexity at its finest.
And then again, Love can be found
simply by looking inside
at my Real Self.
My Love is essential as a summer’s wind.
It defines me.
Defines how I feel
Defines my Real Self.

No comments:

Post a Comment