Sunday, March 28, 2010

Timeless Anger

It's reached that point, so close to breaking. From here on out, maybe I can't see past it, but wakeupschoolsoftballhomework. Do I get to breathe? Have I even had TIME to sleep? How long can I last on this?
Is there a point where we just crumble? If so, I'm surly so close to being there. Shatterundertheweight. THERE'S ONLY SO MUCH I CAN TAKE.

Good grades.
Study.
Play well.
Don't complain about being tired.
Study.
Not allowed to be tired.
No bad grades.
Study.
Study.
Study.
SAT.
ACT.
AP tests.
Study.
Study.
Study.
Don't breathe.
Study.
No sleep for you.
Study.

"I just thought of something to say, but then I forgot."
"Maybe it was that you were going to say you'll be responsible today and get all your work done?"
Followed by a rolling of the eyes and a silent car ride home.

Hush hush. Don't say anything to show you're not mad.
Don't break the silence. Stay mad. Forgive her, she's trying.
Don't say anything to show you're not mad. Hush hush. Shut down your thoughts, you're not allowed to say that.
What happens if the pool overflows from the rain? Can't say that, no, you're mad.
Goodbye, thoughts. You're not allowed here. Stayquiet. Mouthclosed. Armscrossed. Mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment