Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hollowed.

So she told me that people only need one meal today.
And SHE told me that I need to gain weight, I'm all skin and bones.

But, when I grab my sides, I pull fat away. But, when I look down at my legs, I see poundsandpounds of unnecessary body mass. But, when I pinch my stomach, I tug at layers of fat.

Why do I need to gain weight? Why do I need to eat more? I can settle with the hunger, now. I don't need a snack between breakfast and lunch or lunch and softball. It makes me faster, less wight holding me down. My head floats up to where thoughts don't make sense, past the searing pain behind my eyes. I can manage it now.

So. You can tell me that I'm a skinny girl. You can tell me I need to gain weight. But I will continue pushing and eating when I need to. Not excess. Sorry I made you buy the m&ms. I'll have a few every once in a while, but not like I did. No, I really don't need them.

This is for ME. I don't want to end up like you did. You said you were my weight yearsandyears ago. You let yourself go and you know it. Good for you that you're working hard again, that you lost all that weight and are staying healthy for yourself and your family. But. I'm not going to have to do that because I'm going to STAY healthy. No extra fat for me to work off later in life. I'm just fine now.

No comments:

Post a Comment