Sunday, April 11, 2010

Water.

Slipping.
Falling.
Drowning.
Pushed off from the weight of expectations.
Attached to my leg are hopes and dreams, set up for failure; dragging me down.
Under the current, my arms and legs sway helplessly.
Attempts to breathe hindered by the pressure of the water.
Gulps fill my stomach, my lungs, my insides.
Scratching my throat and burning my eyes.
The weight of failure pulls me down, further, further into the darkness.
Light slips behind the cliff.
Darkness surrounds me.
Cold water piercing my skin.
Shivers felt at first slowly fade as water takes control.
Body temperature lowers.
Finger movement decreases.
Arm movement halts.
Eyesight fades.
Movement impossible.
Hypothermia takes over.
Crushed beneath expectations.
Drowned by hopes.
Underwater.
Stuck.
Frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment